Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
A Boxx Family Favorite...
- 2 Cups Crushed Pretzels
- 3/4 Cup Butter ( melted)
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 8 Oz Cool Whip
- 6 Oz Jello-O
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 4 Cups Sliced Strawberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter in a bowl and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake 10 minutes and cool completely.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with a mixer on medium until fluffy. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled crust and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
In a large mixing bowl combine Jell-O and boiling water until jello is dissolved. Allow mixture to sit at room temperature until completely cooled.
Place sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture. Pour cooled Jell-O overtop.
Refrigerate until firmly set at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Allow each layer to cool/chill before adding the next layer.
- Spread the cream cheese layer all the way to the edge to prevent the pretzel crust from becoming soggy.
- Allow the Jell-O to cool to room temperature before pouring on the fresh strawberries so the heat doesn’t wilt them.
- Use whipped topping, not fresh whipped cream. The whipped topping is a more stable ingredient that sets more firmly.